First day of class
I was really relieved about today. I feel like I’ve lost a lot of confidence with horses in the last few months and I would like to regain that. I want horses to be a part of my life. I was relieved with the people in class and the structural changes of the class.
Today I rode Parry Mason. It was my first time riding him. I anticipated a lot of speed because I’ve seen other students ride him and sometimes have a hard time controlling him. As I rode him he acted about as I had suspected he would. What I was surprised at was how well he adjusted after some consistency. I really enjoyed riding him.
We were instructed to count how many times we needed to “help” our horses stay on an imaginary line along the wall, at a trot and a walk. Sometimes he seemed to read my mind, other times I had to redirect his direction and his speed. I really liked the exercise. I don’t know if we were supposed to be helping a lot or not. What I learned is HE CANNOT READ MY MIND and I need to give appropriate, non-confusing signals to help him accomplish what we need to.
No comments:
Post a Comment